Designed by noted New York Architectural firm, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, LLP, the 34-storey Richardson Building, located at the intersection of Winnipeg's historic Portage Avenue and Main Street was completed in 1969.
At the time it was the tallest building in Western Canada and the catalyst for downtown re-development. The building is managed by Bentall Kennedy (Canada) LP. Richardson Centre Limited offices are located at 615 - One Lombard Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 0X3.
Richardson Building is a Class A commercial office tower offering 475,000 square feet of rentable space with features including:
- the buildings' foundation and framework is concrete reinforced with steel
- sealed double glazed solar bronze windows throughout
- all finishes are constructed with Class A materials and construction
- centre core construction with column free design offers maximum floor plate efficiency at all floor levels (16,166 square feet at low rise and 16,502 square feet at high rise floors)
- state-of-the-art mechanical, electrical and life safety systems
- 10 modernized elevators including 9 passenger and 1 freight elevator (dedicated freight elevator service to all 32 floors)
- 24 hour, 7 days a week on-site security
- CCTV surveillance in public areas
- perimeter access controlled by proximity card system
- tenant access to a common conference centre for groups up to 168 people
- climate controlled access to downtown pedestrian underground and skywalk system
- achieved BOMA BESt certification for demonstrating best practices in utilities management, waste reduction, building environment, indoor air quality and tenant awareness